This new to Ireland Programme is a Collaboration between the Irish Printing Federation and the Design Print & Packaging Skillnet to provide our Industry with a pathways programme to develop the human talent need to drive our sector forward.
The goal of developing a training solution in the aftermath of our now lost Print Apprenticeship has been a challenging one. Over the last number of years most of the training expertise has been lost as well as the training infrastructure that supported the apprenticeship. This left no alternative but to create a new Training regime.
Over the previous 12 months we have explored numerous options before selecting to work in conjunction with BPIF Training to deliver what will be the new foundational learning for our sector.
The programme draws on the vast print training experience of BPIF Training and the financial training supports afforded to the sector through the Design Print & Packaging Skillnet.
The Programme will be available to all Irish Printing Federation Members, with the first trainees commencing this September 2023
The Course will
• Run over 2 years
• Delivered through on-line tutor led classes
• Working with the trainees and the companies
• Requiring involvement from an expert witness from each participating company
• Suitable for participant from all sectors of the Industry (Litho, Digital, Finishing, Large Format, Packaging, Labels, Services)
• Initial intake for September 2023 of 20 trainees
The course will be delivered in the following modules
• Understanding Work Place Practices in the Print environment
• Understanding Pre-press, Print & Digital Artwork
• Understanding how to manage Print & Digital Printing Machines
• Understanding how to manage Print & Digital Finishing Machines
• Understanding how to contribute to improving the effectiveness of the Print Company
• Understanding how to promote and monitor Health and Safety in the Print working environment
• GOOD MANUFACTURING PRACTICE
• Masterclasses to provide additional real-life experience and insights Assessment of competence in order to achieve the qualification will include workbooks and written and verbal question and answer with candidates needing to refer to how they apply their learning in their own role. 24/7 access to the Skills Hub, an online learning platform, will support achievement.
The overarching aim is that the job specific or machine specific training will be delivered by each company in their own premises and the programme will provide each trainee with a greater context, understanding and the approaches to enable them to better contribute within the production environment.
The programme is intended to provide the foundational knowledge required of a Print Media Technician. The ambition is that Further future training programme will be able to build on this to provide our industry with the skilled talent required for future success.
The Programme is Heavily Subsidised by the Design Print & Packaging Skillnet. The subsidised price is €1,980 per Trainee Participating companies should be members of the Irish Printing Federation
HOW TO APPLY
To register an interest or reserve a place – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 086 202 7588
Irish Printing Federation, Units 2-4J Ballymount Drive, Ballymount Industrial Estate Dublin 12
Tel 086 202 7588